Seguidores

domingo, 7 de julio de 2019

Recognizing birds

http://www.buscaves.cl/

This is a website dedicated to the recognition or discovery of native or endemic birds of Chile. When you walk around and see a bird and want to know its name and characteristics, you can describe it on this website in the "identify your bird" section and find out what type of bird it belongs to. You can describe it through the shape, the colors of its fur, the legs, the shape of the beak, the size of the bird, the place where it was seen and its habitat. Also, in the "search" section you can know the complete characteristics of the bird you want. And not only that, this website is so great that it also has a section of games like the "memorize", the "puzzle" or the "hanging" that allow you to learn about birds in a fun way.

I access this website whenever I want to know information about a specific bird or when I see a bird anywhere I can't recognize it.

I like the web site because it is useful for this specific area of my career that is biogeography, since it is difficult to know the characteristics of all the endemic and native birds of Chile or to be able to recognize them all when we walk in terrains; therefore, with this web site I can have that information at any time. I also like it because it's not only an academic site but also helps you learn while having fun and getting distracted.

2 comentarios:

  1. I prefer marine life websites... :(

    ResponderEliminar
  2. My dream is to recognize each bird without using a recognition guide :(

    ResponderEliminar