Seguidores

domingo, 7 de julio de 2019

The personal is also political

I think I'm a too passionate person to choose just one thing I'm most passionate about, but I'm going to embed all my passions in one thing: politics.

First of all I want to clarify that when I speak of "politics" I don't mean political parties, but for me everything you do in life is political, all the decisions you make are political decisions (good and bad). So, I can say that politics is my greatest passion, because I grew up with it, I grew up with it and it has made me the person I am. 

I started working in politics when I was 16 years old, for the mobilizations of 2011. I was studying in a private subsidized school with a rather precarious education. In that year we occupied the school and began a long period of mobilizations. After a short time I became the spokeswoman for this occupation and then we formed a communal cordon with the other schools mobilized in the commune. I went through many things and from there I didn't stop anymore. 

When I entered the USACH, I began get involved in a political organization in which I spent four years. In addition, I spent two years at the student center of my ex-career, first as a secretary and then as president. In the last year I was also elected as a faculty advisor; but beyond the public offices I have held, I have worked on a lot of things that have made me a political person.

Through volunteer work in a community in Tirúa, I established permanent links with communities in resistance and have worked with them to this day. I also worked on human rights issues, giving talks in high schools and helping fellow prisoners. 

Finally, politics is all I do, from when I get up to when I fall asleep. Every decision I make is political, because I'm always thinking about how that decision is going to contribute and not harm my people.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario