Seguidores

jueves, 3 de diciembre de 2020

POST 5: CHANGES TO MY STUDY PROGRAMME

After entering college twice, and already finishing my second degree, I realized that higher education is super damaged, but in my career in particular I think there are things that could be changed.

For example, I would change the curriculum and add mandatory courses on gender, since currently (after the feminist demands of 2018) these are only as electives. I would also add more courses on methodology, or at the bottom, courses that help you prepare for your degree, since there is little to prepare you for that.

On the other hand, it would lower the academic load and demand and give more emphasis to field practice and recreational activities. It would change the evaluation system, because I believe that grades do not define what students really know and are able to practice, so rather than pressuring with grades, I would like to see a more real incentive.

It would add more field trips and classroom work and remove jobs that are sent home.

In addition, I would like to provide more material tools within the faculty, fix the infrastructure, and have more technology and tools to facilitate student work.

Finally, as I mentioned at the beginning, I would change education in Chile as a whole, but talking only about the career I study, I would start by changing teaching methods, giving a space for more inclusive and less hierarchical methodologies, where student learning is valued not through numbers, but through other types of responses. In simple words, I would add more pedagogical instinct, so that the classrooms become a space of shared knowledge.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario