There was a time in my life when all the money I earned by working was used to go to concerts. It was my biggest goal, so I went to many; but by far, the best concert I have ever been to in my life was Pearl Jam in Chile almost ten years ago, in 2011.
It was the first time I saw Pearl Jam live and at that time I was hallucinating with that band.
The concert was held at the Monumental Stadium of Chile located in the commune of Macul.
I went with my sister, my cousin and my best friend. We were all hallucinating in some way with that day and we were all a little crazy about the band. In fact, we arrived at approximately 7 a.m. in line to be ready when the doors opened and to be in a good location.
When they opened the doors, we ran as if our lives were going to end and we managed to get to the front row in front of the stage. However, during the wait, it was so crowded that you couldn't breathe, we were all cramped and there was even a moment when I was drowning and three people took me in their arms to get up so I could get some air.
It was a torturous wait, but it was worth every second. Since Eddie Vedder came out on stage and the concert started, it was as if I had been in another world. I forgot everything, I forgot about life. I sang, I shouted, I danced, I cried, it was a thousand emotions in such a short time.
When the concert started, my sister, my cousin, my friend and I dispersed, we were all alone in some corner of the concert, and each one lived different things.
I lasted approximately 10 songs in the first row, because I was so suffocated by the amount of people, the crowding and the euphoria I had, that I fainted for a couple of seconds; so between the audience and a guard they took me out and when I was between the fence and the stage I woke up, and I saw him there, in front of me, just a few meters away. The guard didn't know how to make me react and move forward.
Finally, I walked to a corner of the stage and there I stayed enjoying the rest of the concert.
When it was over and we were reunited with the others, we were all euphoric, my sister saw me come out and because she was behind me she jumped on top of the audience to be taken out and came out on camera.
It was the best concert of my life because it made me think so many things and feel so alive, so full of adrenaline and dreams and desires. Now I don't spend money on concerts anymore because I have other priorities, but I never forget that night and what that concert did to me.

OMG what an intense experience! I love Pearl Jam and I think I would go crazy seeing them live at a concert haha
ResponderEliminar