Since childhood it has always been a dream to know the whole world, from the most hidden territories to the most visited cities. But I always wanted to leave from my own place and go to the most distant; therefore the first thing I wanted to know was the country where I live; and after that I went into Latin America.
However, there is one country that I have always said I would like to go to whenever, hopefully as soon as possible because I want to get to know it in its current situation: Cuba.
Cuba for me represents many things, especially in ideological terms. It represents the hope that I still have to build the place where I want to live and coexist.
It represents the history of the revolutions that fought against the dictatorships; and that history is full of lessons for me and for our people.
In addition to everything else, today, after years of struggle, the State that rules in Cuba is socialist; they have one of the best health and education systems without privatizing them or taking away their quality of rights. That is why I would like to live in socialism for a while, since I have never done so. On the contrary, Chile is far from having political similarities with Cuba.
I would like to be in Silvio Rodriguez's concerts without big stages, but rather to see him with his guitar singing for free for the people in some neighborhood in Cuba.
Finally, I would like to go to Cuba now because I want to get to know it before, by some contingency of the prevailing capitalism, its history disappears.

I agree with you. I feel like most the people talk about cuba whithout even knowing how it is to live there, so it is too a reason why i would like to visit it. And as you say, this needs to be before capitalism changes it all. Nice post!
ResponderEliminar